Solutions for Diaspora
Africa Welfare Association (AWA) is a pioneer provider of services to it’s Diaspora members in the event of loss of a loved one. We are entrusted with the welfare of the African Diaspora globally.
AWA was set up in response to the ever growing demand for services at a critical time. With trusted partners, AWA will offer you benefits wherever you are in the world.
Definition of welfare: Availability of resources and presence of conditions required for reasonably comfortable, healthy, and secure living.
How can I benefit from AWA?
At some point we have been with a grieving family or friend and come to learn that none of us are ever prepared to leave this world. When the time comes, we shall leave everything including our loved ones behind and go. With proper planning you can alleviate the burden of the expense associated with your untimely departure at a time when your family and loved ones are grieving.
For about $.50 a day, our services can help you alleviate the financial burden experienced by your loved ones. Membership is open to all Africans in the Diaspora between the ages of 18 and 70 years.
- Cover the costs associated with returning a member’s body back to their home country in the event of death. We can also arrange for a local cremation or burial.
- Embalming and preparation of the deceased with assigned funeral home to facilitate international transportation.
- Provision of zinc-lined coffins and metal caskets conforming to international transportation regulations.
- Travel assistance services to facilitate travel plans for the enrolled spouse and enrolled dependent children under 18 years to home country. * See Terms & Conditions
- Advice on all aspects of repatriation including matters related to local and international documentation and transportation requirements.
How will my loved ones benefit?
1. Repatriation of Remains:
In the event of a member’s death, AWA will cover the costs associated with returning a member’s body back to their home country.
2. Spouse and Dependent Children under 18 years Travel for Burial:
In the event of a member’s death, travel expenses for the enrolled spouse and enrolled dependent children will be covered. * See Terms & Conditions